Sanitation Department Commercial Trash
City Ordinance 26-247 requires exclusive collection of solid waste by the Owensboro Sanitation Department. Dumpster service is available six days a week, with Sunday service available at a significantly higher rate.
We offer services to the business community and to large apartment complexes, through large 8-yard dumpsters, and through 96 gallon mobile carts. Based upon the size of your business, we can help you pick the most cost effective service.
Commercial dumpsters may be rented at a rate of $40.00 per month, or purchased for $1,200.00. Service is charged by the number of times that the dumpster is collected (call the sanitation office for compactor service rates):
|Every 4th week||$26.76|
|Every other week||$53.52|
|Twice per week||$214.07|
|Three per week||$321.10|
|Four per week||$428.13|
|Five per week||$535.17|
|Six per week||$642.20|
|Call in collection||$26.00|
Mobile carts require no rental fee and are charged at the following monthly rates:
|Carts||Once Wk.||Twice||Three Times|
|1||$ 18||$ 36||$ 54|
|2||$ 22||$ 44||$ 66|
|3||$ 26||$ 52||$ 78|
|4||$ 30||$ 60||$ 90|
|5||$ 34||$ 68||$ 102|
|6||$ 38||$ 76||$ 114|
|7||$ 42||$ 84||$ 126|
|8||$ 46||$ 92||$ 138|
|9||$ 50||$ 100||$ 150|
|10||$ 54||$ 108||$ 162|
Guide to Quality Service
For mobile cart Collections, see our section on Residential Trash Collection. For dumpster service:
- All trash intended for pickup must be in the dumpster with the lids and side-doors closed.
- Enclosures must conform to Sanitation Department size and construction requirements to reduce risk of damage to property or personnel.
- Property owners are responsible for keeping the enclosure and the area immediately around the dumpster clean and in good repair.
- Do not stack extra trash on or near the dumpster.
- Keep service gates in good repair and ensure gate stops are installed and functional.
- Keep path to dumpster clear. We make reasonable attempts to collect your trash but we are not responsible for the approach being blocked. You could incur additional fees if it is blocked and we have to return to service the site repetitively.
- We will make a reasonable attempt to empty the dumpster's contents but we cannot be held responsible for items that are too lightweight to fall out on their own or items that span the interior width of the dumpster and become jammed.
- If disposing of pallets, please ensure no more than two are discarded in any one load. As an alternate method of disposal, private entities exist that will collect pallets from your place of business.
Report Illegal Dumpers
Help us keep our city clean. Contact us to report illegal dumpers. We have zero tolerance for those who "trash" our city.