Sanitation Department Bulky Collections & Special Loads
Guidelines for Quality Service
- Please contact us in advance for collections. Since we have only one truck for this service, you may experience service delays.
- When you phone us, please give a good description of the items in your load. This allows for a better cost estimate.
- Place items to be collected curbside; due to liability limitations, we are not allowed to drive into alleys or on to your property for service.
- Please ensure that all items intended for pickup are not placed within 4-feet of any stationary objects such as vehicles, poles, fences, mailboxes, etc., and are not placed underneath overhead obstructions such as trees, lines, etc.
Special Load Items
Typical items that we collect by special load are:
- Excess household solid waste
- Old furniture, TVs and rugs
- Appliances: Washers, refrigerators, etc.
Cost for this service is based upon pickup truck sized load equivalents. Additional fees for specific items may be charged:
- Each pickup truck sized load - $15.00
- Additional charge for Freon items - $20.00
- Additional charge per tire (fee varies based on type; call office for more information)
Report Illegal Dumpers
Help us keep our city clean. Contact us to report illegal dumpers. We have zero tolerance for those who "trash" our city.