Snow Day Camp at Owensboro Parks and Recreation Administrative Center - Owensboro Parks and Recreation
Monday November 16, 2015 4:10 PM
When it’s cold outside and schools are cancelled, bring your child to Day Camp for a fun Snow Day full of friendship, wonder and excitement! Our Day Camp is the only traditional day camp in Owensboro with accreditation from the American Camp Association.
Pre-register for five days of camp is required. Anytime Owensboro Public schools, Daviess County Schools, or Owensboro Catholic Schools are out for a Snow Day your child can come to camp! Hours of operation are 7 a.m. to 6 p.m., and camp is for any child age 5-13. If a state of emergency is declared, camp will not be held that day.
The registration fee is $75 for five pre-paid snow days and must be paid in advance. Breakfast, morning snack and afternoon snack will be provided; however, campers will need to bring a sack lunch each day. If throughout the winter season your child’s school district misses less than 5 days, $15 per day your child’s school did not miss for snow will be refunded. The deadline to register is November 27.
*All camp forms and a copy of their most current immunization record must be turned in the day you register your child. Forms can be located on our website or at the parks office located at 1530 McJohnson Avenue.
For more information or to register, please call the Owensboro Parks and Recreation Department at 270-687-8700 or visit our website at www.owensboroparks.org.
Other Recent News
- Parks Advisory Board Meeting
- Special Events Committee Meeting Cancelled
- Fairview Drive Extension Groundbreaking
- City Manager Nate Pagan elected to International City/County Management Association Executive Board
- Edge Ice Center Re-Opening Friday, October 2
- Park Amenity Closures Due To Routine Asphalt Maintenance
- Owensboro Spray Parks – 2020 Season Ending
- Adkission Greenbelt Section Closed Due to Maintenance
- City Commission Meetings Cancelled - October 6, 2020 and October 13, 2020
- Owensboro-Daviess County Board of Ethics Special Called Meeting