Rudy Mine Trails Temporarily Closed Due to Wet Conditions
Friday January 16, 2015 3:49 PM
The city of Owensboro’s Parks and Recreation Department will be closing Rudy Mine Trails temporarily due to current wet conditions, in order to prevent any major damage that could lead to erosion problems. Conditions will be re-evaluated Monday morning.
During this time of the year the freeze thaw cycle is in effect. The freeze thaw cycle is when temperatures drop in the night enough for the moisture in the ground to freeze and then during the day temperatures get high enough for the ground to thaw out causing the ground to get soft. Use of the trail when the ground is soft and vulnerable will cause damage and can lead to severe erosion problems.
Please help us keep the trails in good condition. If you decide to ride or hike through the winter months and notice you are leaving tracks in the trail, please make your way to the double track trail and exit the park.
If you have any questions about Rudy Mine Trails, please call the Owensboro Parks and Recreation Department at 270-687-8700
Other Recent News
- City Commission Meeting July 17, 2018
- Veterans Boulevard will be closed July 16 for Maintenance
- Owensboro Historic Preservation Board Special Called Meeting
- UPCOMING CLOSURE
- Parking Committee Meeting - July 19, 2018
- Due to Water Main Break Multiple Owensboro Parks & Recreation Department Faclities will be Closed Today
- GREENBELT TRAIL CLOSURE
- City Commission Work Session Cancelled July 10, 2018
- Street Closure
- 2018 Combest & Cravens Pool Birthday Parties