Public Art Unveiling Friday, May 15
Wednesday May 13, 2015 2:13 PM
May 13, 2015
For information, contact Public Information / Community Representative Abby Shelton at 270-687-8557 or email@example.com.
PUBLIC ART UNVEILING FRIDAY, MAY 15
The Owensboro Board of Commissioners invites the public to a public art unveiling ceremony for the new public art to be displayed on the front lawn of the Owensboro Convention Center on Friday, May 15, 2015 at 6:00 p.m. at the Owensboro Convention Center. “Transformation,” a large abstract sculpture of stainless steel and bronze by Fisher Stolz, Washington, Illinois, will be placed on the northeast corner of the Convention Center. The sculpture is sponsored by Owensboro resident Tim Ebelhar.
The public artwork is the fourth installation of art through the Riverartes program: The Art of Placemaking. The project is designed to celebrate the vitality of Owensboro and enhance its reputation as a cultural tourism destination, is being organized for the City of Owensboro by the Owensboro Museum of Fine Art and a citizens group, the Downtown Public Art Committee. The artwork is on lease for two years.
Stolz is a nationally prominent sculptor with public work featured throughout the Midwest, including the International Terminal at O’Hare Airport in Chicago. Recent commissions include a major outdoor sculpture for Caterpillar, a large interior work for the Peoria Civic Center, and a series of exterior and interior bronze and stainless steel reliefs for the campus of Bradley University. His sculpture is created primarily in stainless steel, cast metals and stone that range in scale from interior pedestal pieces through large outdoor works. Stolz received the Master of Fine Arts degree from the University of Georgia and has studied and taught sculpture abroad in Cortona, Italy. He is a tenured professor teaching sculpture at Bradley University in Peoria, Illinois, and a member of Chicago Sculpture International.
For more information, visit www.owensboro.org.
Other Recent News
- 2604 Cravens Avenue Home Ribbon Cutting
- Special Called City Commission Meeting December 12, 2017
- Kentucky Thoroughbreds to Kickoff Season January 12, 2018
- Edge Ice Center - Glow in the Dark Skate Party
- Dugan Best Recreation Center - Holiday Hours
- Edge Ice Center - Holiday Special Skating Sessions
- Transit System Offering Free Service During 'Twelve Days of Christmas'
- Owensboro Parks - Winter Jr. Tae Kwon Do Lessons
- Special Events Committee Meetings Cancelled for December and January
- Ground Breaking for New Parking Garage - December 5th