Owensboro Parks and Recreation Department Offering Junior Tae Kwon Do
Tuesday December 16, 2014 11:30 AM
The Owensboro Parks and Recreation Department is currently accepting registrations for Junior Tae Kwon Do.
Participants will learn the basics of the ancient art of Tae Kwon Do while also improving their mind and body. The program offers a great opportunity for youth to improve their coordination and motor skills in an energetic, fun atmosphere and also help them develop flexibility, stamina, strength, energy, self-confidence, and balance.
All classes will meet at the Owensboro Parks and Recreation Administrative Center’s gymnasium, located at 1530 McJohnson Avenue across the parking lot from Combest Pool. Classes are available for youth ages 5 through 8 and also ages 9 through 12.
Cost per participant is $25 and includes t-shirt. The class will meet on Saturday mornings starting January 31 through March 7; registration deadline is January 23. The 5-8 year old class will take place from 8-8:45 a.m. and again at 9-9:45 a.m. The 9-12 year old class will take place from 10-10:45 a.m.
For more information and/or to register, contact the Owensboro Parks and Recreation Department at 687-8700. You may also visit our website at www.owensboroparks.org
Other Recent News
- City Hall, Parks, Transit, Sanitation Holiday Schedule
- Locust Street Closure
- 2604 Cravens Avenue Home Ribbon Cutting
- Special Called City Commission Meeting December 12, 2017
- Kentucky Thoroughbreds to Kickoff Season January 12, 2018
- Edge Ice Center - Glow in the Dark Skate Party
- Dugan Best Recreation Center - Holiday Hours
- Edge Ice Center - Holiday Special Skating Sessions
- Transit System Offering Free Service During 'Twelve Days of Christmas'
- Owensboro Parks - Winter Jr. Tae Kwon Do Lessons