Live on the Banks! City of Owensboro announces return of live music series at Smothers Park
Friday May 15, 2015 2:01 PM
May 14, 2015
For information contact Tim Ross, Special Events Director at 270-687-8350 or email@example.com
Live on the Banks!
City of Owensboro announces return of live music series at Smothers Park
The City of Owensboro is proud to announce the return of Live on the Banks to downtown Owensboro. This free outdoor concert series showcases a variety of music groups from across the region to the Ohio riverfront for the community to enjoy every Saturday night from May 16 through September 26, 2015.
In addition, Pickin In the Park will take place the last Saturday of each month. This concept evolved during the 2014 season as local groups wanted to join the festivities with acoustic music throughout Smothers Park. So, in 2015, Live on the Banks will feature some acoustic groups jamming at the other pavilions located around Smothers Park. We invite any other local bands that want to play unplugged in the park to join us for the Pickin In the Park nights.
Live on the Banks will take place at the River Overlook Stage in Smothers Park Saturdays from
7-9pm. A lineup of the bands performing each week can be
seen at www.liveonthebanks.com.
To view the entire 2015 schedule and see biographies of this year’s performers, visit: http://www.liveonthebanks.com/
Visit www.owensboro.org to view the events calendar and sign up for text alerts.
Other Recent News
- Property Maintenance Code Enforcement Board Meeting on Wednesday, March 21, 2018 at 1:00 p.m.
- 'Faces of Our Heroes' Veterans Tribute Returning Memorial Day Weekend
- Street Closures
- City Commission Meeting March 20, 2018
- Audubon Bon Harbor Alliance Meeting Rescheduled
- CHANGE: City Commission Special Called Meeting - March 13, 2018
- Street Closure
- Champion Joey Chestnut Returning to International Bar-B-Q Festival for World Mutton Sandwich Eating Competition
- Press Release - Altaf & Beth Merchant and the Centre Court Team Lands Huge Pickleball Tournament
- 4th Annual Spring Monday Night Business League @ Ben Hawes Par 3