Leaf Season Begins October 19
Thursday October 15, 2020 3:28 PM
October 15, 2020
For information, contact the Sanitation Department at 270-687-8760.
BEGINS MONDAY, OCTOBER 19
The Owensboro Sanitation Department will begin vacuum leaf collection on Monday, October 19, 2020 through February 12, 2021. During leaf season, crews will complete three (3) passes through ten (10) zones of the city, beginning in zone 8 this year. Customers can find their leaf zone by accessing our interactive map at https://services.owensboro.org/maps/citizen-information/.
Monitor leaf zone progress at www.owensboro.org, @CityofOwensboro on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, local radio and newspaper stations, text alerts (register on city website) or by calling CityAction at 270-687-4444.
Bagged leaves in plastic bags (less than 30 lbs. per bag) can be placed curbside on trash collection day. Bagged leaves can also be dropped off in the orange leaf collection dumpsters located in the Sportscenter north parking lot on Hickman Avenue.
Leaf Collection Tips:
Be ready – Crews cannot return for late rake-outs or inaccessible piles
Do not mix limbs, yard waste or trash with leaves
Do not wet leaves – vacuums cannot lift frozen leaf piles
Rake early in the season – snow and ice may slow or prohibit leaf collection
Rake leaves curbside in yard – not the street or sidewalk
Leaf piles should not be blocked with vehicles
Do not place leaf piles over water meter lids or other obstructions
Loose brush/limb collection ends during leaf season
Sign up for text alerts at www.owensboro.org
Other Recent News
- Street Closure - 25th Street
- Historic Preservation Board Meeting Cancelled
- November Neighborhood Alliance Chairpersons Meeting Cancelled
- November Neighborhood Alliance Meetings
- City Commission Meeting Cancelled - November 3, 2020
- Public Works Declares War on Potholes
- Owensboro Sister Cities and Regions Special Called October Meeting
- City Commission Special Called Meeting October 20, 2020
- Property Maintenance Code Enforcement Board Meeting Cancelled October 21, 2020
- Adkisson Greenbelt Closures