2015 AIR SHOW ANNOUNCEMENT - USAF THUNDERBIRDS
Tuesday December 9, 2014 1:36 PM
December 9, 2014
For information contact Beth Cecil, City Clerk at 270-687-8552 or email@example.com
COMING TO 2015
OWENSBORO AIR SHOW
The City of Owensboro announced today that their 2015 Owensboro Air Show will be headlined by the USAF Thunderbirds Demonstration Team.
The Air Show, which has become an annual event in Owensboro, will consist of aerial acrobatic teams, a parachute demonstration team, classic warbirds, and now – the world famous USAF Thunderbirds. The Thunderbirds will display their precision flying and acrobatic skill by flying over 40 different maneuvers in their show. Flying wingtip to wingtip in the Air Force’s F-16, these fighter pilots will demonstrate their precision and professionalism while providing top notch entertainment.
Mayor Ron Payne commented that, “what has proven to be a great airshow over the last three years is now coming of age with the addition of the Air Force’s Thunderbirds. I welcome everyone to come out and share in this great performance by America’s premier jet demonstration team.” The Mayor went on to compliment City Special Events Director Tim Ross for his work in bringing the Thunderbirds to Owensboro.
Follow the addition of other aerial performers as the 2015 show takes shape at www.owensboroairshow.com.
Air Show events will occur between September 11th and 13th with the Air Show itself being hosted on both September 12th and 13th over the Ohio River in downtown Owensboro.
Visit www.owensboro.org to view the events calendar and sign up for text alerts.
Other Recent News
- Street Closure - East Parrish Avenue (Reminder)
- Street Closure - Chesterfield Drive
- Owensboro Property Tax Bills
- Trail of Treats Back for 29th Year
- Parking Committee Meeting - October 18, 2018
- Special Called Owensboro Sister Cities and Regions Board Meeting
- Owensboro City Commission Candidate Forum
- Street Closure - Morningside Drive
- Property Maintenance Code Enforcement Board Meeting
- Fire Protection Insurance Rating