July 4 City Services and Firework Safety
Wednesday June 26, 2019 2:40 PM
June 26, 2019
For information, contact Adrienne Carrico at 270-687-8561 or email@example.com.
FOURTH OF JULY CITY OFFICES SCHEDULE AND FIREWORK SAFETY
On Thursday, July 4th, Owensboro City Hall, Parks Department administration offices, the Owensboro Transit System, and Sanitation Department will be closed for the Independence Day holiday. All sanitation routes will be delayed one day. There will be two downtown trolleys running on Thursday, July 4th from 4:30 p.m. to 9:45 p.m.
The City of Owensboro encourages everyone to exercise safe firework handling this Fourth of July holiday. Under City Ordinance 16-2011, fireworks can generally be used between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m. and to the extended hour of midnight on July 3rd and 4th. No one under the age of 18 may use them at any time. They cannot be used within 200 feet of any structure or motor vehicle (whether operational or not). This ordinance is available on the City’s website at www.owensboro.org. REMINDER: Fireworks are restricted within a ½ mile of the damaged OZ Tyler Rick House. No person may use, ignite, fire, or explode any fireworks within the designated area. This restriction will be enforced by the Owensboro Police Department.
Additional firework safety tips:
- Never allow children to play with or ignite fireworks.
- Read and follow all instructions on the label.
- Before lighting fireworks, make sure that other people are out of range.
- Light fireworks on a flat surface.
- Keep water close by at all times when fireworks are being used.
Please enjoy a happy and safe Fourth of July holiday!
For more information about the City of Owensboro, visit us on the web at www.owensboro.org.
Other Recent News
- City Employees' Pension Fund (Closed) Special Called Meeting - 11/20/19
- Police & Firefighters' Retirement (Closed) Fund Meeting - 11/20/19
- Property Maintenance Code Enforcement Board Meeting
- New Storybook Walk at Moreland Park
- Owensboro Sister Cities & Regions Board Meeting
- City Commission Meeting November 19, 2019
- City of Owensboro - 2019 Christmas Card on Sale
- Retirement Reception Honoring Chief Mitchell/Swearing in Ceremony Chief Howard
- City Commission Work Session - November 12, 2019
- Historic Preservation Board Meeting Cancelled