World Changers Coming to Owensboro - Application Process to Open Up February 1st
Tuesday January 31, 2017 1:01 PM
January 27, 2017
For information, contact Community Development Director Abby Shelton at 270-687-8658 or email@example.com.
WORLD CHANGERS COMING TO OWENSBORO
APPLICATION PROCESS TO OPEN UP FEBRUARY 1st
The World Changers volunteer organization will be in Owensboro June 19-24, 2017. This organization’s visit marks the 10th consecutive year that volunteers from ten or more different states have helped low income people in our community. World Changers will furnish volunteer workers and construction supervisors for each home to complete minor exterior repairs. Eighteen to twenty-two homes will be placed on the final project list and all repairs and building materials will be furnished at no cost to the homeowner. The City of Owensboro will furnish the building materials necessary for each project site.
An estimated number of 250 volunteers will be here during the week and homeowners can expect a crew of 10-15 people at their home for a period of two to three days, depending on the size of the project. The project guidelines are as follows:
- Homes must be located within the city limits of Owensboro, Kentucky.
- The project applies to homeowners only (deed of record). No rental property will be considered.
- Only single story homes will be considered.
- Roof shingle replacement, exterior painting, wheelchair ramps and yard cleanup will be considered for a project. Window replacement and structural repair items will be not be considered for projects. World Changers will make the final selection on which houses will be on the project list.
- The household must meet the HUD low income guidelines (Example: single person maximum income limit is $33,250 per year / a four-person family maximum income limit is $47,500 per year).
- All interested homeowners must provide income information and proof of current homeowners insurance.
- Application deadline is Friday, February 24, 2017.
Since 2008, a total of 1,875 World Changers volunteers have has assisted in the repair of 151 homes in Owensboro with an estimated repair investment cost of $717,200. Eligible homeowners can call CityAction at 270-687-4444 to place their home on the application list for consideration.
For information about the City of Owensboro, visit us on the web at www.owensboro.org.
Other Recent News
- Street Closure - East Parrish Avenue (Reminder)
- Street Closure - Chesterfield Drive
- Owensboro Property Tax Bills
- Trail of Treats Back for 29th Year
- Parking Committee Meeting - October 18, 2018
- Special Called Owensboro Sister Cities and Regions Board Meeting
- Owensboro City Commission Candidate Forum
- Street Closure - Morningside Drive
- Property Maintenance Code Enforcement Board Meeting
- Fire Protection Insurance Rating