Water Safety Day - June 19 @ Combest Pool
Thursday May 4, 2017 4:47 PM
May 4, 2017
For Information, contact Brittni Klotzback at 270-687-8710 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Water Safety Day @ Combest Pool – June 19
Owensboro Parks & Recreation Pool Staff and Lifeguards and the Marlins Swim Team Representatives and Members are joining together to offer Water Safety Day at Combest Pool on Monday, June 19 from 9:00 a.m.-11 a.m. Join us for a morning of fun-filled activities such as FREE swim lessons, water safety tips, FREE swim time, information booths and giveaways all focusing on water safety!
In the United States, about ten people die from unintentional drowning each day. Of these, two are children aged 14 or younger. Drowning ranks fifth among the leading causes of unintentional injury death in the United States.
In an effort to decrease the risk to our citizens, we believe it is important for our citizens and children in the community to understand the significance of water safety and being able to swim.
Those who participate in this event will have the opportunity to get a $5 discount on future swim lesson sessions with the Owensboro Parks & Recreation.
City pool staff and the Marlins Swim Team want to help you become a safe swimmer!
For more information on this event or about our swim lessons or public swim times, visit our website at owensboroparks.org or call 270-687-8700.
Other Recent News
- City Hall, Parks, Transit, Sanitation Holiday Schedule
- Locust Street Closure
- 2604 Cravens Avenue Home Ribbon Cutting
- Special Called City Commission Meeting December 12, 2017
- Kentucky Thoroughbreds to Kickoff Season January 12, 2018
- Edge Ice Center - Glow in the Dark Skate Party
- Dugan Best Recreation Center - Holiday Hours
- Edge Ice Center - Holiday Special Skating Sessions
- Transit System Offering Free Service During 'Twelve Days of Christmas'
- Owensboro Parks - Winter Jr. Tae Kwon Do Lessons