Two Stone Carvings to be Installed at Riverfront
Friday November 6, 2015 11:12 AM
November 6, 2015
For information, contact Leslie Neeley, Public Information / Community Representative at 270-687-8702 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
TWO STONE CARVINGS TO BE INSTALLED AT RIVERFRONT
A public unveiling of two new sculptures in the public art project, “River Artes: The Art of Placemaking,” will take place Tuesday, November 17th at 3:30pm in downtown Owensboro.
The first piece, “Oberon,” a principal character in “A Midsummer Night’s Dream” by artist Don Lawler, will be installed at McConnell Plaza facing Veterans Boulevard.
“Escape,” a life-size equestrian image by artist Mag White, will follow with an installment at Riverfront Crossing.
The two stone carvings will be made of limestone and are gifts to the City of Owensboro’s River Artes project from the Marilyn and William Young Charitable Foundation. The program is organized for the city by the Owensboro Museum of Fine Art. These new carvings will join the six art pieces that have already been installed as part of the project.
For more information about the City of Owensboro, please visit www.owensboro.org.
Other Recent News
- Parks Advisory Board Meeting
- Special Events Committee Meeting Cancelled
- Fairview Drive Extension Groundbreaking
- City Manager Nate Pagan elected to International City/County Management Association Executive Board
- Edge Ice Center Re-Opening Friday, October 2
- Park Amenity Closures Due To Routine Asphalt Maintenance
- Owensboro Spray Parks – 2020 Season Ending
- Adkission Greenbelt Section Closed Due to Maintenance
- City Commission Meetings Cancelled - October 6, 2020 and October 13, 2020
- Owensboro-Daviess County Board of Ethics Special Called Meeting