Snow Day Camp at Parks & Recreation Admin. Center - Owensboro Parks and Recreation
Wednesday September 30, 2015 9:35 AM
When it’s cold outside and schools are cancelled, bring your child to Day Camp for a fun Snow Day full of friendship, wonder and excitement! Our Day Camp is the only traditional day camp in Owensboro with accreditation from the American Camp Association.
Pre-register for five days of camp is required. Anytime Owensboro Public schools, Daviess County Schools, or Owensboro Catholic Schools are out for a Snow Day your child can come to camp! Hours of operation are 7 a.m. to 6 p.m., and camp is for any child age 5-13. If a state of emergency is declared, camp will not be held that day.
The registration fee is $75 for five pre-paid snow days and must be paid in advance. Breakfast, morning snack and afternoon snack will be provided; however, campers will need to bring a sack lunch each day. If throughout the winter season your child’s school district misses less than 5 days, $15 per day your child’s school did not miss for snow will be refunded. The deadline to register is November 27.
*All camp forms and a copy of their most current immunization record must be turned in the day you register your child. Forms can be located on our website or at the parks office located at 1530 McJohnson Avenue.
For more information or to register, please call the Owensboro Parks and Recreation Department at 270-687-8700 or visit our website at www.owensboroparks.org.
# # #
Other Recent News
- Property Maintenance Code Enforcement Board Meeting on Wednesday, March 21, 2018 at 1:00 p.m.
- 'Faces of Our Heroes' Veterans Tribute Returning Memorial Day Weekend
- Street Closures
- City Commission Meeting March 20, 2018
- Audubon Bon Harbor Alliance Meeting Rescheduled
- CHANGE: City Commission Special Called Meeting - March 13, 2018
- Street Closure
- Champion Joey Chestnut Returning to International Bar-B-Q Festival for World Mutton Sandwich Eating Competition
- Press Release - Altaf & Beth Merchant and the Centre Court Team Lands Huge Pickleball Tournament
- 4th Annual Spring Monday Night Business League @ Ben Hawes Par 3