RiverArtes Unveiling Postponed
Monday November 16, 2015 3:16 PM
November 16, 2015
For information, contact Leslie Neeley, Public Information / Community Representative at 270-687-8702 or email@example.com.
RIVERARTS UNVEILING POSTPONED
A public unveiling of two new sculptures in the public art project, “RiverArtes: The Art of Placemaking,” has been rescheduled to Tuesday, November 24th at 3:00pm due to inclement weather. The first piece will be installed at Riverfront Crossing, followed by the second installment at McConnell Plaza facing Veterans Boulevard.
The two stone carvings will be made of limestone and are gifts to the City of Owensboro’s RiverArtes project from the Marilyn and William Young Charitable Foundation. The program is organized for the city by the Owensboro Museum of Fine Art. These new carvings will join the six art pieces that have already been installed as part of the project.
For more information about the City of Owensboro, please visit www.owensboro.org.
Other Recent News
- Parks Advisory Board Meeting
- Special Events Committee Meeting Cancelled
- Fairview Drive Extension Groundbreaking
- City Manager Nate Pagan elected to International City/County Management Association Executive Board
- Edge Ice Center Re-Opening Friday, October 2
- Park Amenity Closures Due To Routine Asphalt Maintenance
- Owensboro Spray Parks – 2020 Season Ending
- Adkission Greenbelt Section Closed Due to Maintenance
- City Commission Meetings Cancelled - October 6, 2020 and October 13, 2020
- Owensboro-Daviess County Board of Ethics Special Called Meeting