Public Works Department Declares War on Potholes
Friday May 1, 2015 9:01 AM
May 1, 2015
For information, contact Public Works Deputy Director, Lelan Hancock at 270-687-8680 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT DECLARES WAR ON POTHOLES
Winter weather has done its usual damage to city streets. Frequent freezing and thawing cycles experienced during the winter months results in cracks in our streets that allows water to seep under the road surface. Street expansion associated with freezing followed by street contraction associated with thawing causes potholes.
In order to fill potholes created during the winter freeze cycle, the Owensboro Street Department has declared a WAR ON POTHOLES to begin May 4 through May 8. During this week, the public is being asked to phone City Action at 687-4444 to report the location of all potholes. Please be as specific as possible on locations, referencing a street address or intersection. City crews will patch potholes the week of May 11 through May 15. The City of Owensboro will pass the location of potholes on state or county streets to the proper officials. Our goal is to have every pothole in the city identified and patched as quickly as possible.
Please help us to maintain our quality road system by reporting potholes to CityAction at 687-4444 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
For information about the City of Owensboro, visit us on the web at www.owensboro.org.
Other Recent News
- Audubon Bon Harbor Alliance Meeting Rescheduled
- CHANGE: City Commission Special Called Meeting - March 13, 2018
- Street Closure
- Champion Joey Chestnut Returning to International Bar-B-Q Festival for World Mutton Sandwich Eating Competition
- Press Release - Altaf & Beth Merchant and the Centre Court Team Lands Huge Pickleball Tournament
- 4th Annual Spring Monday Night Business League @ Ben Hawes Par 3
- Owensboro Jr. Golf Foundation - Ben Hawes Golf Course
- 15th Annual Monday Night Business League @ Hillcrest Golf Course
- Street Closure
- Upcoming Street Closures