Public Works Department Declares War on Potholes
Friday May 1, 2015 9:01 AM
May 1, 2015
For information, contact Public Works Deputy Director, Lelan Hancock at 270-687-8680 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT DECLARES WAR ON POTHOLES
Winter weather has done its usual damage to city streets. Frequent freezing and thawing cycles experienced during the winter months results in cracks in our streets that allows water to seep under the road surface. Street expansion associated with freezing followed by street contraction associated with thawing causes potholes.
In order to fill potholes created during the winter freeze cycle, the Owensboro Street Department has declared a WAR ON POTHOLES to begin May 4 through May 8. During this week, the public is being asked to phone City Action at 687-4444 to report the location of all potholes. Please be as specific as possible on locations, referencing a street address or intersection. City crews will patch potholes the week of May 11 through May 15. The City of Owensboro will pass the location of potholes on state or county streets to the proper officials. Our goal is to have every pothole in the city identified and patched as quickly as possible.
Please help us to maintain our quality road system by reporting potholes to CityAction at 687-4444 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
For information about the City of Owensboro, visit us on the web at www.owensboro.org.
Other Recent News
- 2604 Cravens Avenue Home Ribbon Cutting
- Special Called City Commission Meeting December 12, 2017
- Kentucky Thoroughbreds to Kickoff Season January 12, 2018
- Edge Ice Center - Glow in the Dark Skate Party
- Dugan Best Recreation Center - Holiday Hours
- Edge Ice Center - Holiday Special Skating Sessions
- Transit System Offering Free Service During 'Twelve Days of Christmas'
- Owensboro Parks - Winter Jr. Tae Kwon Do Lessons
- Special Events Committee Meetings Cancelled for December and January
- Ground Breaking for New Parking Garage - December 5th