Owensboro Parks and Recreation has Fun Opportunities for your Family during Spring Break
Thursday April 2, 2015 3:29 PM
Spring Break is just around the corner and Owensboro Parks and Recreation has multiple amazing facilities and parks you can take your family and friends to make memories that will last a lifetime. If your family is staying in Owensboro for Spring Break, check out what we can offer you for little to no cost!
Listed below are 3 outstanding parks with new playground equipment you may have never visited:
English Park - 2 Woodford Avenue down by the river,
Germantown Park – 824 Crittenden Street,
Kendall Perkins Park – 1201 West 5th Street.
The Edge Ice Center is a great place for people of all ages to chill out and relax! April 6-10 from 12-4 p.m. the Edge will be open for Public Session. The fee to skate is $3 per person which includes skate rental.
If the weather is nice, and you are wanting to spend some time outside, what better place to do that than Smothers Park! Enjoy a great view of the Ohio River, an amazing playground, and great food from the concession stand. The concession stand will be open April 5-12 from 11 a.m.-7 p.m.
Dugan Best Recreation Center is the place to go if you are looking for pick-up basketball games, staff led activities, or a safe place to go for FREE to hang out with your friends. Dugan is open April 3-11 from noon-8 p.m. and closed on Easter Sunday. Anyone under 8 years of age must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
This Spring Break choose to make new memories with Owensboro Parks and Recreation, and we promise you will not be sorry!
For more information on programs, events or activities Owensboro Parks and Recreation has to offer please call 270-687-8700 or visit our website at www.owensboroparks.org.
Other Recent News
- Tips to Prevent Local Flooding
- Smothers Park - Rental Areas
- 2018 Owensboro Parks - T-Ball Registration
- Cable Advisory Committee Special Called Meeting January 18, 2018
- Dogwood Azalea Alliance January Meeting Cancelled
- Property Maintenance Code Enforcement Board Meeting January 17, 2018
- City Commission Meeting January 16, 2018
- Southeast Alliance January Meeting Postponed
- Winter Storm Warning - January 2018
- City Hall, Parks Closed on Martin Luther King Jr. Day