Owensboro Parks and Recreation Department Offering Junior Tae Kwon Do Lessons
Wednesday September 3, 2014 2:30 PM
Maximize your child’s self-confidence and motor skills by signing him/her up for Owensboro Parks and Recreation Fall Jr. Tae Kwon Do Lessons.
Participants will learn the basics of the ancient art of Tae Kwon Do while also improving their mind and body. The program offers a great opportunity for youth to improve their coordination and motor skills in an energetic, fun atmosphere and also help them develop flexibility, stamina, strength, energy, self-confidence, and balance.
All classes will meet at the Owensboro Parks and Recreation Administrative Center gymnasium, located at 1530 McJohnson Avenue. Classes are available for youth ages 5 through 8 and also ages 9 through 12.
Cost per participant is $25 and includes a t-shirt. The class will meet on Saturday mornings starting October 18 through November 22; registration deadline is October 13. 5-8 year old class will be offered at 8-8:45 a.m. or at 9-9:45 a.m. The 9-12 year old class will take place from 10-10:45 a.m.
For more information and/or to register, contact the Owensboro Parks and Recreation Department at (270) 687-8700. You may also visit our website at www.owensboroparks.org for information on other programs we offer.
Other Recent News
- Tips to Prevent Local Flooding
- Smothers Park - Rental Areas
- 2018 Owensboro Parks - T-Ball Registration
- Cable Advisory Committee Special Called Meeting January 18, 2018
- Dogwood Azalea Alliance January Meeting Cancelled
- Property Maintenance Code Enforcement Board Meeting January 17, 2018
- City Commission Meeting January 16, 2018
- Southeast Alliance January Meeting Postponed
- Winter Storm Warning - January 2018
- City Hall, Parks Closed on Martin Luther King Jr. Day