Owensboro Parks and Recreation Department Offering Junior Tae Kwon Do Classes
Thursday March 19, 2015 11:39 AM
The Owensboro Parks and Recreation Department is currently accepting registrations for Junior Tae Kwon Do.
Participants will learn the basics of the ancient art of Tae Kwon Do while improving their mind and body. The program offers a great opportunity for youth to improve coordination and motor skills in an energetic, fun atmosphere and help them develop flexibility, stamina, strength, energy, self-confidence, and balance.
All classes will meet at the Owensboro Parks and Recreation Administrative Center’s gymnasium, located at 1530 McJohnson Avenue across the parking lot from Combest Pool. Classes are available for youth ages 5 through 8 and also ages 9 through 12.
Cost per participant is $25 and includes a t-shirt. The class will meet on Saturday mornings starting April 25 through May 30; registration deadline is April 17. The 5-8 year old classes are offered 2 different times from 8-8:45 a.m. or from 9-9:45 a.m. Please register for the class time that best suits you and your family. The 9-12 year old class will is offered from 10-10:45 a.m.
For more information and/or to register, contact the Owensboro Parks and Recreation Department at 270-687-8700. You may also visit our website at www.owensboroparks.org.
Other Recent News
- City Commission Meeting July 17, 2018
- Veterans Boulevard will be closed July 16 for Maintenance
- Owensboro Historic Preservation Board Special Called Meeting
- UPCOMING CLOSURE
- Parking Committee Meeting - July 19, 2018
- Due to Water Main Break Multiple Owensboro Parks & Recreation Department Faclities will be Closed Today
- GREENBELT TRAIL CLOSURE
- City Commission Work Session Cancelled July 10, 2018
- Street Closure
- 2018 Combest & Cravens Pool Birthday Parties