OWENSBORO OFFICIALS URGE PUBLIC TO STAY OFF PONDS, LAKES, AND RETENTION BASINS
Wednesday March 4, 2015 3:14 PM
March 4, 2015
For information, contact Abby Shelton at 270-687-8557.
OWENSBORO OFFICIALS URGE PUBLIC TO STAY OFF OF PONDS,
LAKES, RETENTION BASINS
Owensboro officials remind the public that at no time is there any activity allowed in or on any water basins regardless of weather conditions. With the cold weather the area has experienced, the public is urged to avoid any activity on ponds, lakes, retention basins and any body of water that appear to have ice on it. The perception that ice may have formed on these bodies of water can be deceiving. The ice may not be strong enough to hold a person and should be avoided at all costs.
For information about the City of Owensboro, visit us on the web at www.owensboro.org.
Other Recent News
- 2604 Cravens Avenue Home Ribbon Cutting
- Special Called City Commission Meeting December 12, 2017
- Kentucky Thoroughbreds to Kickoff Season January 12, 2018
- Edge Ice Center - Glow in the Dark Skate Party
- Dugan Best Recreation Center - Holiday Hours
- Edge Ice Center - Holiday Special Skating Sessions
- Transit System Offering Free Service During 'Twelve Days of Christmas'
- Owensboro Parks - Winter Jr. Tae Kwon Do Lessons
- Special Events Committee Meetings Cancelled for December and January
- Ground Breaking for New Parking Garage - December 5th