OWENSBORO OFFICIALS URGE PUBLIC TO STAY OFF PONDS, LAKES, AND RETENTION BASINS
Wednesday March 4, 2015 3:14 PM
March 4, 2015
For information, contact Abby Shelton at 270-687-8557.
OWENSBORO OFFICIALS URGE PUBLIC TO STAY OFF OF PONDS,
LAKES, RETENTION BASINS
Owensboro officials remind the public that at no time is there any activity allowed in or on any water basins regardless of weather conditions. With the cold weather the area has experienced, the public is urged to avoid any activity on ponds, lakes, retention basins and any body of water that appear to have ice on it. The perception that ice may have formed on these bodies of water can be deceiving. The ice may not be strong enough to hold a person and should be avoided at all costs.
For information about the City of Owensboro, visit us on the web at www.owensboro.org.
Other Recent News
- Street Closure - Tamarack Road
- Smothers Park - Rental Areas
- 2018 Gone to the Dogs @ Combest Pool
- Owensboro Parks - Indoor Rental Areas
- Street Closure
- Property Maintenance Code Enforcement Board Meeting July 18, 2018
- Owensboro Sister Cities and Regions Board Meeting
- City Commission Meeting July 17, 2018
- Veterans Boulevard will be closed July 16 for Maintenance
- Owensboro Historic Preservation Board Special Called Meeting