OWENSBORO OFFICIALS URGE PUBLIC TO STAY OFF PONDS, LAKES, AND RETENTION BASINS
Wednesday March 4, 2015 3:14 PM
March 4, 2015
For information, contact Abby Shelton at 270-687-8557.
OWENSBORO OFFICIALS URGE PUBLIC TO STAY OFF OF PONDS,
LAKES, RETENTION BASINS
Owensboro officials remind the public that at no time is there any activity allowed in or on any water basins regardless of weather conditions. With the cold weather the area has experienced, the public is urged to avoid any activity on ponds, lakes, retention basins and any body of water that appear to have ice on it. The perception that ice may have formed on these bodies of water can be deceiving. The ice may not be strong enough to hold a person and should be avoided at all costs.
For information about the City of Owensboro, visit us on the web at www.owensboro.org.
Other Recent News
- Street Closure - East Parrish Avenue (Reminder)
- Street Closure - Chesterfield Drive
- Owensboro Property Tax Bills
- Trail of Treats Back for 29th Year
- Parking Committee Meeting - October 18, 2018
- Special Called Owensboro Sister Cities and Regions Board Meeting
- Owensboro City Commission Candidate Forum
- Street Closure - Morningside Drive
- Property Maintenance Code Enforcement Board Meeting
- Fire Protection Insurance Rating