Owensboro Mayor Ron Payne to be Honored at KLC Convention
Friday September 12, 2014 11:10 AM
City of Owensboro Mayor Ron Payne was selected as the 2014 Elected City Official of the Year by the Kentucky League of Cities for the development and implementation of the riverfront and downtown. The award, will be presented during the 2014 KLC Convention & Expo held in Louisville, Kentucky October 7-10, is given annually to an elected officials that demonstrate outstanding leadership, innovation and excellence in local governance. An independent panel of judges selects the awards.
“What Mayor Payne and his team in Owensboro have done in recent years is incredible,” Said Jon Steiner, KLC Executive Director/CEO. “His leadership, dedication and willingness to make tough decisions have made Owensboro a true destination city. His ability to think well outside of the box and into the future have allowed great things to happen in Owensboro.”
Mayor Ron Payne commented, “Being selected as the recipient of the 2014 KLC Elected City Official of the Year is an outstanding honor. I couldn’t be more proud to lead Owensboro. Citizens have invested in their community’s future. I’m thankful that I have gotten to be a part of Owensboro’s renaissance.”
Other Recent News
- 2604 Cravens Avenue Home Ribbon Cutting
- Special Called City Commission Meeting December 12, 2017
- Kentucky Thoroughbreds to Kickoff Season January 12, 2018
- Edge Ice Center - Glow in the Dark Skate Party
- Dugan Best Recreation Center - Holiday Hours
- Edge Ice Center - Holiday Special Skating Sessions
- Transit System Offering Free Service During 'Twelve Days of Christmas'
- Owensboro Parks - Winter Jr. Tae Kwon Do Lessons
- Special Events Committee Meetings Cancelled for December and January
- Ground Breaking for New Parking Garage - December 5th