Owensboro Airshow Adds CF-18 Fighter Jet Demonstration
Tuesday August 11, 2015 4:24 PM
August 11, 2015
For information contact Tim Ross, Special Events Director at 270-687-8350 or firstname.lastname@example.org
OWENSBORO AIR SHOW ADS
CF-18 FIGHTER JET DEMONSTRATION
The City of Owensboro is excited to announce the addition of the Royal Canadian Air Force CF-18 fighter jet demonstration to the 2015 Owensboro Air Show, which is scheduled for September 11-13, 2015.
Spectators will have the opportunity to see the CF-18 and other aircraft participating in the airshow up close on Friday September 11 during the static display at the Owensboro-Daviess County Regional Airport. The static display is open from 4:00 p.m. until approximately 8:30 p.m. Additionally, the City continues to work with military units to have several other aircraft on display including a C-130, UH-60, and E-2 Hawkeye. Admission for the activities at the airport is $2.00, and children ages 12 and younger free.
In recognition of Patriot Day (September 11), all first-responders and military receive free admission courtesy of Century Aluminum. As a sponsor for the 2015 Air Show, Century Aluminum will also be registering first-responders and military at their booth at the airport on Friday for two (2) lucky winners to receive the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to ride along in the B-17 Bomber on Saturday prior to the start of the air show. The activities Friday will be capped-off with a 10-minute fireworks display presented by Independence Bank.
For more information about the Owensboro Air Show including a schedule of events, parking maps, etc. visit www.owensboroairshow.com.
Visit www.owensboro.org to view the events calendar and sign up for text alerts.
Other Recent News
- Property Maintenance Code Enforcement Board Meeting on Wednesday, March 21, 2018 at 1:00 p.m.
- 'Faces of Our Heroes' Veterans Tribute Returning Memorial Day Weekend
- Street Closures
- City Commission Meeting March 20, 2018
- Audubon Bon Harbor Alliance Meeting Rescheduled
- CHANGE: City Commission Special Called Meeting - March 13, 2018
- Street Closure
- Champion Joey Chestnut Returning to International Bar-B-Q Festival for World Mutton Sandwich Eating Competition
- Press Release - Altaf & Beth Merchant and the Centre Court Team Lands Huge Pickleball Tournament
- 4th Annual Spring Monday Night Business League @ Ben Hawes Par 3