Memorial Day Weekend - 'Faces of Our Heroes' Exhibit
Tuesday May 23, 2017 3:29 PM
May 23, 2017
For information contact Tim Ross, Public Events Director at 270-687-8350 or firstname.lastname@example.org
MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND - ‘FACES OF OUR HEROES’ EXHIBIT
As part of the activities for the 2017 Memorial Day Weekend, the City of Owensboro will showcase the ‘Faces of Our Heroes’ exhibit at the Owensboro Convention Center. The exhibit recognizes and honors those from our community who have served in our US Armed Forces helping to ensure the freedom we enjoy today, but have since passed away. ‘Faces of Our Heroes’ is a free exhibit that will open Friday, May 26 from 4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. in the lobby of the Owensboro Convention Center. The exhibit will also be available to view Saturday, May 27 through Monday, May 29. The hours of the exhibit are from 12:00pm – 4:00pm on Saturday and Sunday and from 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. on Monday.
The City will also hold a Memorial Day Ceremony on Monday, May 29 at 9:00am at the Shelton Memorial in Smothers Park along the riverfront to honor the heroes who paid the ultimate sacrifice during their time of service and recognize the families of these brave men and women on this special holiday.
Visit www.owensboro.org to view the events calendar and sign up for text alerts
Other Recent News
- 2604 Cravens Avenue Home Ribbon Cutting
- Special Called City Commission Meeting December 12, 2017
- Kentucky Thoroughbreds to Kickoff Season January 12, 2018
- Edge Ice Center - Glow in the Dark Skate Party
- Dugan Best Recreation Center - Holiday Hours
- Edge Ice Center - Holiday Special Skating Sessions
- Transit System Offering Free Service During 'Twelve Days of Christmas'
- Owensboro Parks - Winter Jr. Tae Kwon Do Lessons
- Special Events Committee Meetings Cancelled for December and January
- Ground Breaking for New Parking Garage - December 5th