MAYOR PAYNE SHARES OWENSBORO'S RENAISSANCE WITH OHIO SUMMIT
Friday March 20, 2015 12:31 PM
March 20, 2015
For information contact Abby Shelton, Public Information / Community Representative at 687-8557 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
MAYOR RON PAYNE SHARES OWENSBORO’S RENAISSANCE WITH OHIO SUMMIT
On Thursday, March 19, 2015, Mayor Ron Payne traveled to Dayton, Ohio to speak with local officials about Owensboro’s riverfront revitalization. Mayor and staff members Bill Parrish (City Manager) and Amanda Rogers (Parks & Recreation Manager) participated in the 2015 Ohio’s Great Corridor Association (OGCA) River Summit. Mayor Payne delivered the keynote address to the 13-member organization including Dayton, Ohio on Friday, March 20 at the University of Dayton River Campus.
Mayor Ron Payne commented, “It is an honor to represent Owensboro. Our great renaissance has proven to be a model that is highly sought after, and I’m excited to bring our extraordinary news to other communities across the country.”
Owensboro officials’ efforts have resulted in over $200 million in public and private investment including downtown streetscape improvements, historic building renovations, creation of new parks and improvement of existing facilities, upgrades to the convention center, a bank stabilization project on the Ohio River, and numerous other private projects.
Ohio’s Great Miami River Corridor promotes a quality of life that keeps Ohio’s talent in Ohio. It is the focus of private investment, a job-generator, and tourist destination. The River Corridor is the largest mixed-use district of its kind touting vibrant city waterfronts interconnected by land and water trails. Between the cities, the River Corridor embraces some of Ohio’s most picturesque and productive farmland and exquisite natural areas.
For more information about the City of Owensboro service schedules, visit us on the web at www.owensboro.org.
Other Recent News
- 2604 Cravens Avenue Home Ribbon Cutting
- Special Called City Commission Meeting December 12, 2017
- Kentucky Thoroughbreds to Kickoff Season January 12, 2018
- Edge Ice Center - Glow in the Dark Skate Party
- Dugan Best Recreation Center - Holiday Hours
- Edge Ice Center - Holiday Special Skating Sessions
- Transit System Offering Free Service During 'Twelve Days of Christmas'
- Owensboro Parks - Winter Jr. Tae Kwon Do Lessons
- Special Events Committee Meetings Cancelled for December and January
- Ground Breaking for New Parking Garage - December 5th