Live on the Banks! Presented by Aleris - City of Owensboro Announces Return of Live Music Series at Smothers Park
Tuesday April 11, 2017 2:11 PM
April 11, 2017
For information contact Tim Ross, Public Events Director at 270-687-8350 or email@example.com
Live on the Banks! Presented by Aleris
City of Owensboro announces return of live music series at Smothers Park
The City of Owensboro is proud to announce the return of Live on the Banks to downtown Owensboro. This free outdoor concert series showcases a variety of music groups from across the region to the Ohio riverfront for the community to enjoy every Saturday night from May 20 through September 30, 2017. The City is excited to announce that this year’s Live on the Banks series will be brought to you by Aleris, our presenting sponsor. “Aleris is a great organization in our community and I am excited that they have decided to partner with us to continue to provide great entertainment on Saturday nights along the riverfront downtown for the Live on the Banks series,” said Tim Ross, Director of Public Events.
Continuing in 2017 is the second location at the Allen Street Gazebo in Smothers Park. Along with the main stage, additional artists will play at the Allen Street Gazebo every Saturday night. The gazebo will also be home to Pickin’ in the Park on May 20 and September 30. We invite any local bands that want to play unplugged in the park to join us for the Pickin’ in the Park nights.
Live on the Banks will take place at the River Overlook Stage, as well as the Allen Street Gazebo, in Smothers Park on Saturdays from 7-9pm. A lineup of the bands performing each week can be found at www.liveonthebanks.com.
To view the entire 2017 schedule and see biographies of this year’s performers, visit: http://www.liveonthebanks.com/
Visit www.owensboro.org to view the events calendar and sign up for text alerts.
Other Recent News
- Property Maintenance Code Enforcement Board Meeting on Wednesday, March 21, 2018 at 1:00 p.m.
- 'Faces of Our Heroes' Veterans Tribute Returning Memorial Day Weekend
- Street Closures
- City Commission Meeting March 20, 2018
- Audubon Bon Harbor Alliance Meeting Rescheduled
- CHANGE: City Commission Special Called Meeting - March 13, 2018
- Street Closure
- Champion Joey Chestnut Returning to International Bar-B-Q Festival for World Mutton Sandwich Eating Competition
- Press Release - Altaf & Beth Merchant and the Centre Court Team Lands Huge Pickleball Tournament
- 4th Annual Spring Monday Night Business League @ Ben Hawes Par 3