Fourth of July City Offices Schedule and Firework Safety
Friday June 30, 2017 8:21 AM
June 30, 2017
For information, contact Leslie Neeley at 270-687-8557 or email@example.com.
FOURTH OF JULY CITY OFFICES SCHEDULE AND FIREWORK SAFETY
Due to the Independence Day holiday, City Hall, Parks Administration, Transit, and Sanitation will be closed on Tuesday, July 4th. All sanitation routes will be delayed one day. There will be two downtown trolleys running on Tuesday, July 4th. One trolley will run from 10:00 a.m. until 10:00 p.m. and the second trolley will run from 4:30 p.m. until 9:30 p.m.
The City of Owensboro encourages everyone to exercise safe firework handling this Fourth of July holiday. Under city ordinance, fireworks can generally be used between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m. and to the extended hour of midnight on July 3rd and 4th. No one under the age of 18 may use them at any time. They can not be used within 200 feet of any structure or motor vehicle (whether operational or not). This ordinance is available on the City’s website at www.owensboro.org.
Additional firework safety tips:
- Never allow children to play with or ignite fireworks.
- Read and follow all instructions on the label.
- Before lighting fireworks, make sure that other people are out of range.
- Light fireworks on a flat surface.
- Keep water close by at all times when fireworks are being used.
Please enjoy a happy and safe Fourth of July holiday!
For more information about the City of Owensboro, visit us on the web at www.owensboro.org.
Other Recent News
- Public Works Department Declares War on Potholes
- Parking Committee Meeting - April 19
- Edge Ice Center - Summer Camp Registration
- Spring-Owensboro Jr. Golf Foundation @ Ben Hawes Golf Course
- Ben Hawes Family Day on Par 3
- Ben Hawes Golf Course - Par 3 Twilight
- Celebrate Your Special Occasion @ Edge Ice Center
- Owensboro City Commission Meeting April 17, 2018
- Smothers Park - Rental Areas
- City and County to Consider New Ambulance Agreement