Fourth of July City Offices Schedule
Friday June 26, 2020 10:23 AM
June 26, 2020
For information, contact Adrienne Carrico at 270-687-8561 or email@example.com.
FOURTH OF JULY CITY OFFICES SCHEDULE AND FIREWORK SAFETY
On Friday, July 3rd, City Hall and Parks Department administration office will be closed in observance of the Independence Day holiday. On Saturday, July 4th, the Owensboro Transit System will not be operating. Sanitation service will remain on schedule.
The City of Owensboro encourages everyone to exercise safe firework handling this Fourth of July holiday. Under City Ordinance 16-2011, fireworks can generally be used between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m. and to the extended hour of midnight on July 3rd and 4th. No one under the age of 18 may use them at any time. They cannot be used within 200 feet of any structure or motor vehicle (whether operational or not). The full ordinance is available on the City’s website at www.owensboro.org.
Additional firework safety tips:
- Never allow children to play with or ignite fireworks.
- Read and follow all instructions on the label.
- Before lighting fireworks, make sure that other people are out of range.
- Light fireworks on a flat surface.
- Keep water close by at all times when fireworks are being used.
Please enjoy a happy and safe Fourth of July holiday!
For more information about the City of Owensboro, visit us on the web at www.owensboro.org.
Other Recent News
- Special Events Committee Meeting Cancelled
- Historic Preservation Board Special Called Meeting
- City Commission Special Called Meeting August 4, 2020
- Neighborhood Alliance Chairpersons Meeting Cancelled August 3, 2020
- Owensboro Metropolitan Area only Area in the United States with an Unemployment Rate Decline
- Lane Closure - McFarland Avenue
- 2020 Fall Adult Leagues at Kentucky Legend Fields at Jack C. Fisher Park
- Street Closure - Veterans Boulevard
- Street Closure - Hickman Avenue
- City Commission Special Called Meetings - July 21, 2020