Dogwood-Azalea Neighborhood Alliance to Sponsor Spring Dogwood and Azalea Tree Giveaway
Wednesday May 6, 2015 11:19 AM
May 6, 2015
For information, contact Abby Shelton, Public Information / Community Representative at 270-687-8557 or email@example.com.
DOGWOOD-AZALEA NEIGHBORHOOD ALLIANCE
TO SPONSOR SPRING DOGWOOD AND AZALEA TREE GIVEAWAY
The Dogwood-Azalea Neighborhood Alliance will purchase ten (10) dogwood trees and ten (10) azalea bushes to give to residents that live in the Dogwood-Azalea Neighborhood to plant the weekend of May 16, 2015.
During the ice storm in January 2009, many of these tree species were lost in the Alliance area. Residents that are interested in receiving a free tree for the weekend planting should call CityAction at 270-687-4444 to be put on the list. Tree Pick up will be Friday, May 15 between the hours of 9:30 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. at First Presbyterian Church (1328 Griffith Avenue, Owensboro, Kentucky 42301). Residents requesting a free tree will be asked to provide proof of residence within the Dogwood-Azalea Neighborhood Alliance with photo identification and a recent OMU bill.
The Alliance is also looking for new members. They meet every other month starting in January at 5:30 p.m. at the Edge Ice Center. The neighborhood extends from Twelfth Street to Booth Avenue, between Frederica to Lewis Lane/Roosevelt Road/Werner Avenue.
For information about the City of Owensboro, visit us on the web at www.owensboro.org.
Other Recent News
- City Hall, Parks, Transit, Sanitation Holiday Schedule
- Locust Street Closure
- 2604 Cravens Avenue Home Ribbon Cutting
- Special Called City Commission Meeting December 12, 2017
- Kentucky Thoroughbreds to Kickoff Season January 12, 2018
- Edge Ice Center - Glow in the Dark Skate Party
- Dugan Best Recreation Center - Holiday Hours
- Edge Ice Center - Holiday Special Skating Sessions
- Transit System Offering Free Service During 'Twelve Days of Christmas'
- Owensboro Parks - Winter Jr. Tae Kwon Do Lessons