City of Owensboro to Unveil Sunscreen Stations
Tuesday May 9, 2017 4:46 PM
May 9, 2017
For information, contact Leslie Neeley at 270-687-8557 or email@example.com.
CITY OF OWENSBORO TO UNVEIL SUNSCREEN STATIONS
The City of Owensboro will be at the Smothers Park concession stand area to unveil one of three new sunscreen stations on Tuesday, May 16th at 4:30 p.m. The other two stations will be located at Cravens Pool and Combest Pool. The sunscreen stations and sunscreen are being donated by Dr. Nicole Brey at Advanced Dermatology Associates to help children and adults protect themselves against one of the most common types of cancer.
"It is such a blessing and honor to be able to partner with our city to provide free sunscreen to our community. As May is Skin Cancer Awareness month, we are excited for the opportunity to educate and share the importance of skin safety to our local families,” Dr Brey said.
A proclamation will be presented by Mayor Tom Watson. The public is invited to attend.
For more information about the City of Owensboro, please visit www.owensboro.org.
Other Recent News
- 2604 Cravens Avenue Home Ribbon Cutting
- Special Called City Commission Meeting December 12, 2017
- Kentucky Thoroughbreds to Kickoff Season January 12, 2018
- Edge Ice Center - Glow in the Dark Skate Party
- Dugan Best Recreation Center - Holiday Hours
- Edge Ice Center - Holiday Special Skating Sessions
- Transit System Offering Free Service During 'Twelve Days of Christmas'
- Owensboro Parks - Winter Jr. Tae Kwon Do Lessons
- Special Events Committee Meetings Cancelled for December and January
- Ground Breaking for New Parking Garage - December 5th