City of Owensboro Postpones Owensboro HydroFair Presented by Jagoe Homes Until 2021
Wednesday August 5, 2020 9:00 AM
CITY OF OWENSBORO POSTPONES OWENSBORO HYDROFAIR PRESENTED BY JAGOE HOMES UNTIL 2021
The City of Owensboro, in consultation with the Daviess County Department of Public Health and American Hydroplane Events, announces it will postpone the Owensboro HydroFair presented by Jagoe Homes until 2021, due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The event was originally scheduled for August 15-16, 2020. With guidance from the local health department and state officials, the City of Owensboro and American Hydroplane Events originally postponed the race weekend to September 11,12,13, 2020. However, as the pandemic continues to have a major impact on large gatherings in the Commonwealth of Kentucky and throughout the nation, the decision was made to postpone the event until August 20, 21,22, 2021.
“This is a decision that was not made lightly. We are excited to bring world class hydroplane racing back to the Owensboro riverfront, and the safety and health of the race teams, volunteers, and spectators is always our primary focus.” said Tim Ross, Director of Public Events for the City of Owensboro. “This event will bring in race teams and spectators from all over North America. We want to be sure everyone enjoys a safe and thrilling experience on our beautiful riverfront, and unfortunately that is just not possible this year. We look forward to an amazing weekend of racing next August.”
Updates for the 2021 Owensboro HydroFair presented by Jagoe Homes schedule will be posted to the HydroFair website in January at www.owensborohydrofair.com .
Other Recent News
- Parks Advisory Board Meeting
- Special Events Committee Meeting Cancelled
- Fairview Drive Extension Groundbreaking
- City Manager Nate Pagan elected to International City/County Management Association Executive Board
- Edge Ice Center Re-Opening Friday, October 2
- Park Amenity Closures Due To Routine Asphalt Maintenance
- Owensboro Spray Parks – 2020 Season Ending
- Adkission Greenbelt Section Closed Due to Maintenance
- City Commission Meetings Cancelled - October 6, 2020 and October 13, 2020
- Owensboro-Daviess County Board of Ethics Special Called Meeting