City of Owensboro Employee Wins State Award
Friday April 10, 2015 12:57 PM
April 10, 2015
For information, contact Abby Shelton at 270-687-8557 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
CITY OF OWENSBORO EMPLOYEE WINS STATE AWARD
The Kentucky Environmental Quality Commission honored Eddie Atherton, City of Owensboro Horticulturist and Grounds Manager for his demonstration, deep concern and activism on behalf of the environment during its 2015 Earth Day Awards ceremony at Berry Hill Mansion on April 10, 2015 at 12:00 p.m. EST. During Eddie’s 24 years of service, he has been involved with beautification of the original Smothers Park area during the early 1980’s as well as playing an integral role in the current riverfront revitalization. Other major projects he has been involved in include the Greenbelt, Frederica Street island improvements and many other city medians and rights of way. He ensures that the City of Owensboro upholds the distinguished ‘Tree City USA’ designation by planting hundreds of trees each year in city parks and on other city properties. His work will be enjoyed and admired for generations to come. This leader in city government has proven to be an effective manager of the grounds department, and his tireless dedication to improving the City of Owensboro’s curb appeal are self-evident in the beautiful city we enjoy today.
For information about the City of Owensboro, visit us on the web at www.owensboro.org.
Other Recent News
- City Golf Courses – New Year’s Giveaway
- Experience the Polar Express at the Edge Ice Center
- Edge Ice Center – Public Session Hours
- Owensboro Sister Cities and Regions Board of Directors 2019 Meeting Dates
- 2019 Neighborhood Alliance Meeting Schedule
- Street Closure - Crittenden Street
- 2019 Ben Hawes & Hillcrest Golf Course Pass Rates
- Edge Ice Center offering Learn-to-Skate Classes
- Edge Ice Center – Holiday Special Skating Sessions
- Dugan Best Recreation Center – Holiday Hours