City of Owensboro Announces the Retirement of Fire Chief Steve Mitchell
Friday August 16, 2019 4:09 PM
August 16, 2019
For information, contact Beth Cecil at 270-687-8552 or email@example.com
THE CITY OF OWENSBORO
THE RETIREMENT OF
FIRE CHIEF STEVE MITCHELL
Owensboro Fire Chief Steve Mitchell has announced his intent to retire from the City after leading the department since 2008. Mitchell will retire with an accumulated 37 years in the fire service.
Mitchell states: “When I came here in 2008 and we had our first Owensboro Fire Department (OFD) strategic planning session, we agreed as a Department that together we would set the standard for the Fire Service in Western Kentucky. We accomplished that goal, as a team.” Among many grants received by OFD, Mitchell led the charge to receive grant funding for the Fire Rescue Boat and staffing for the Quint.
Mayor Watson commented that “Chief Mitchell has led OFD in a positive direction over the years and has provided great service to OBKY. We wish him well!”
“Chief Mitchell has served our community well, and he leaves OFD well prepared for the future. I hope he enjoys the next phase of his life,” City Manager Pagan said.
The hiring process and search will begin immediately.
For more information about the City of Owensboro, please visit www.owensboro.org
Other Recent News
- Property Maintenance Code Enforcement Board Meeting
- Lane Closure - Booth Avenue
- Owensboro Sister Cities and Regions Board Meeting - 9/18/19
- City of Owensboro Recycling Center will Discontinue to Accept Plastic
- Street Closure - Veach Road
- Lane Closure - East 18th Street
- 2020 Owensboro Softball Complex Tournament Rental Request Form
- Daddy Daughter Princess Skate at the Edge Ice Center
- Historic Preservation Board Meeting Cancelled
- Register now for Fall Break Camp with Owensboro Parks and Recreation