Chicago Fire Department to Make Stop in Owensboro As Part of 'Ignite the Spirit' Bike Ride
Tuesday September 26, 2017 4:25 PM
September 26, 2017
For information, contact Owensboro Fire Department Fire Chief, Steve Mitchell at (270) 687-8405.
CHICAGO FIRE DEPARTMENT TO MAKE STOP IN OWENSBORO AS PART OF ‘IGNITE THE SPIRIT’ BIKE RIDE
The Chicago Fire Department will be making a pit-stop in Owensboro on Wednesday, September 27th as part of their ‘Ignite the Spirit’ cancer fundraiser bike ride. The 20 firefighters will ride over 450 miles to help raise money for cancer and bring awareness to the deadly disease. The ride started on September 24th from Chicago and will conclude in Nashville after six days.
The Owensboro Fire Department will help greet and escort the riders into Owensboro. Exact arrival time will not be known until September 27th, but is anticipated to be late afternoon. The time could vary depending on weather. For more information on the ride or to donate, you can visit www.ignitethespirit.org
Other Recent News
- Property Maintenance Code Enforcement Board Meeting on Wednesday, March 21, 2018 at 1:00 p.m.
- 'Faces of Our Heroes' Veterans Tribute Returning Memorial Day Weekend
- Street Closures
- City Commission Meeting March 20, 2018
- Audubon Bon Harbor Alliance Meeting Rescheduled
- CHANGE: City Commission Special Called Meeting - March 13, 2018
- Street Closure
- Champion Joey Chestnut Returning to International Bar-B-Q Festival for World Mutton Sandwich Eating Competition
- Press Release - Altaf & Beth Merchant and the Centre Court Team Lands Huge Pickleball Tournament
- 4th Annual Spring Monday Night Business League @ Ben Hawes Par 3