Bluegrass on the Banks Set to Return to Smothers Park
Friday April 28, 2017 1:58 PM
April 28, 2017
For information contact Tim Ross, Public Events Director at 270-687-8350 or email@example.com
Bluegrass on the Banks set to return to Smothers Park
The City of Owensboro is proud to announce the return of Bluegrass on the Banks to downtown Owensboro. This free outdoor concert series showcases bluegrass music acts from across the region on the Ohio riverfront for the community to enjoy. “We are excited to bring the Bluegrass on the Banks series back to the riverfront this summer. It is another great way to showcase local talent while providing our city with outdoor entertainment throughout the week,” said Tim Ross, Public Events Director for the City of Owensboro.
Performances will run from May 16 through September 29 on the first and third Tuesdays of each month. There will also be a bonus show the week of ROMP Bluegrass Music Festival as well as additional shows on Fridays in September.
Live on the Banks will take place at the River Overlook Stage from 7-9pm. A lineup of the artists performing each week can be found at www.liveonthebanks.com/about/bluegrass-on-the-banks.
Visit www.owensboro.org to view the events calendar and sign up for text alerts.
Other Recent News
- City Golf Courses – New Year’s Giveaway
- Experience the Polar Express at the Edge Ice Center
- Edge Ice Center – Public Session Hours
- Owensboro Sister Cities and Regions Board of Directors 2019 Meeting Dates
- 2019 Neighborhood Alliance Meeting Schedule
- Street Closure - Crittenden Street
- 2019 Ben Hawes & Hillcrest Golf Course Pass Rates
- Edge Ice Center offering Learn-to-Skate Classes
- Edge Ice Center – Holiday Special Skating Sessions
- Dugan Best Recreation Center – Holiday Hours