Beginning of Leaf Season 2017
Tuesday October 10, 2017 1:44 PM
October 10, 2017
For information, contact Sanitation Manager, Downey Ward at 270-687-8760 or email@example.com.
BEGINNING OF LEAF SEASON 2017
The Owensboro Sanitation Department will begin vacuum leaf collection on October 24, 2017 and will run through February 15, 2018. This method of collects loose piles of leaves per zone area.
Owensboro Sanitation reminds customers to remember:
Don’t mix limbs, yard waste or trash with leaves;
Do not wet leaves;
Rake leaves curbside in the yard – not the street or sidewalk;
Make leaf piles accessible for sanitation crews by not placing piles next to parked cars, and do not block leaf piles with parked cars;
Do not cover up obstructions with leaf piles.
The last week for limb collection will be October 16th – 20th. These will be picked up on your trash day.
For leaf collection progress, visit www.owensboro.org/departments/sanitation or the city’s Facebook page.
Other Recent News
- Property Maintenance Code Enforcement Board Meeting on Wednesday, March 21, 2018 at 1:00 p.m.
- 'Faces of Our Heroes' Veterans Tribute Returning Memorial Day Weekend
- Street Closures
- City Commission Meeting March 20, 2018
- Audubon Bon Harbor Alliance Meeting Rescheduled
- CHANGE: City Commission Special Called Meeting - March 13, 2018
- Street Closure
- Champion Joey Chestnut Returning to International Bar-B-Q Festival for World Mutton Sandwich Eating Competition
- Press Release - Altaf & Beth Merchant and the Centre Court Team Lands Huge Pickleball Tournament
- 4th Annual Spring Monday Night Business League @ Ben Hawes Par 3