Apollo Area Alliance to Host Neighborhood Cleanup
Wednesday September 3, 2014 9:56 AM
August 29, 2014
For information, contact Public Information/Community Representative Abby Shelton at 270-687-8557 or email@example.com.
APOLLO AREA ALLIANCE TO HOST NEIGHBORHOOD CLEANUP
The Apollo Area Alliance will host a neighborhood cleanup on Saturday, September 13. The cleanup will take place from 6 a.m. to 11 a.m. All residents in the cleanup area are invited to help beautify the neighborhood by picking up litter along sidewalks and streets on their cleanup day.
The Sanitation Department will provide free curbside pickup for junk furniture, appliances and other items to its residential customers in this neighborhood alliance area. Items must be left at the curb by Friday night prior to the day of the cleanup. If you have items to set out, please call the City Action Line at 687-4444 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org BY THE WEDNESDAY BEFORE THE CLEANUP (September 10). Smaller items must be bagged or boxed. The sanitation crews CANNOT pick up construction debris/materials, yard waste, dirt, paint or any type of liquid.
The Apollo Area Alliance represents neighborhoods between Carter Road and Frederica Street and between the U.S. 60 Bypass and Southtown Boulevard. The alliance also includes Twin Lakes subdivision, south of Southtown and neighborhoods south of Tamarack Road. The alliance meets at 6:00 p.m. on the fourth Tuesday of every month at Century Christian Church.
For more information about the City of Owensboro and the Neighborhood Alliance Program, visit us on the web at www.owensboro.org.
Other Recent News
- Property Maintenance Code Enforcement Board Meeting on Wednesday, March 21, 2018 at 1:00 p.m.
- 'Faces of Our Heroes' Veterans Tribute Returning Memorial Day Weekend
- Street Closures
- City Commission Meeting March 20, 2018
- Audubon Bon Harbor Alliance Meeting Rescheduled
- CHANGE: City Commission Special Called Meeting - March 13, 2018
- Street Closure
- Champion Joey Chestnut Returning to International Bar-B-Q Festival for World Mutton Sandwich Eating Competition
- Press Release - Altaf & Beth Merchant and the Centre Court Team Lands Huge Pickleball Tournament
- 4th Annual Spring Monday Night Business League @ Ben Hawes Par 3