Apollo Area Alliance to Host Neighborhood Cleanup
Wednesday September 3, 2014 9:56 AM
August 29, 2014
For information, contact Public Information/Community Representative Abby Shelton at 270-687-8557 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
APOLLO AREA ALLIANCE TO HOST NEIGHBORHOOD CLEANUP
The Apollo Area Alliance will host a neighborhood cleanup on Saturday, September 13. The cleanup will take place from 6 a.m. to 11 a.m. All residents in the cleanup area are invited to help beautify the neighborhood by picking up litter along sidewalks and streets on their cleanup day.
The Sanitation Department will provide free curbside pickup for junk furniture, appliances and other items to its residential customers in this neighborhood alliance area. Items must be left at the curb by Friday night prior to the day of the cleanup. If you have items to set out, please call the City Action Line at 687-4444 or e-mail email@example.com BY THE WEDNESDAY BEFORE THE CLEANUP (September 10). Smaller items must be bagged or boxed. The sanitation crews CANNOT pick up construction debris/materials, yard waste, dirt, paint or any type of liquid.
The Apollo Area Alliance represents neighborhoods between Carter Road and Frederica Street and between the U.S. 60 Bypass and Southtown Boulevard. The alliance also includes Twin Lakes subdivision, south of Southtown and neighborhoods south of Tamarack Road. The alliance meets at 6:00 p.m. on the fourth Tuesday of every month at Century Christian Church.
For more information about the City of Owensboro and the Neighborhood Alliance Program, visit us on the web at www.owensboro.org.
Other Recent News
- Street Closure - East Parrish Avenue (Reminder)
- Street Closure - Chesterfield Drive
- Owensboro Property Tax Bills
- Trail of Treats Back for 29th Year
- Parking Committee Meeting - October 18, 2018
- Special Called Owensboro Sister Cities and Regions Board Meeting
- Owensboro City Commission Candidate Forum
- Street Closure - Morningside Drive
- Property Maintenance Code Enforcement Board Meeting
- Fire Protection Insurance Rating