Owensboro Crime Stoppers
Board of Directors
- Sam Byrd- Chairman
- Virginia Bailey – Vice Chairman
- Betty Yeiser – Secretary
- Doug Hood – Treasurer
- Wayne Gibson
- Jim Dantic
- Jim Luckett
- Michelle McKinney
Law Enforcement Coordinator
- Lieutenant Chris Brown – Owensboro Police Department
The Owensboro Crime Stoppers program is established as a non-profit corporation. Such status enables contributions made to the program, eligible for treatment as charitable contributions by donors in accordance with federal income tax guidelines.
A civilian board of directors, comprised of members broadly representative of the community, oversees the general operation of the program and administers funds received through public contributions. The board performs some or all of the following duties:
- Set policy which creates and controls the program
- Raise funds to pay rewards and cover administrative cost
- Determine the amount of reward based upon the recommendation of the Law
- Enforcement Coordinator
- Oversee the administrative work of the Law Enforcement Coordinator
- Act as trustee of funds contributed by citizens, businesses, and service groups
A police officer is designed as the Law Enforcement Coordinator. He is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operation of the program, and also serves as a liaison between the law enforcement agencies, the board of directors and the news media. Other law enforcement officers may be assigned to the program to assist the Law Enforcement Coordinator with the daily operation of the program. In addition, the Coordinator is responsible for: maintaining the Crime Stoppers Hotline, processing raw intelligence received and coordinating it with appropriate law enforcement personnel, tracking each Crime Stoppers informant’s data to a conclusion, maintaining records, reporting monthly to the Board, and referring fund raising requests to the Board.
On behalf of the Board of Directors, Law Enforcement, the Community and all the victims, we sincerely thank you for your generous support.
“Together we can make a difference”