Becoming a Police Officer…
The Owensboro Police Department now accepts applications on a year round basis for the position of Police Officer. However, we will only review the application during an active hiring process for the position. If we are not actively hiring for the position of Police Officer at the time of application, it will be retained until the next hiring cycle. If you are not selected for employment during a hiring cycle, you must resubmit a new application before being eligible for the next hiring process. It is your responsibility to confirm our receipt of your application by calling Ofc. Michael Hathaway at 270-687-8867, or Jo Hall at 270-687-8878.
HIRING PROCESS NOW OPEN!
Prepare yourself for recruitments:
- Police Officer Position Information, Recruitment Schedule, and further details
- Written Exam Study Guide
- Police Officer Job Description
- Police Officer Job Posting
- Police Officer Practice Exam
- Police Officer Physical Ability Guidelines/Preparation Guide
- Police Officer Interview Preparation Guide
- Job Application and Procedures
To view most of these files, you will need to have Adobe Acrobat Reader
Please direct any questions to Officer Michael Hathaway, Public Information Officer.