Becoming a Police Officer…
The Owensboro Police Department now accepts applications on a year round basis for the position of Police Officer. However, we will only review the application during an active hiring process for the position. If we are not actively hiring for the position of Police Officer at the time of application, it will be retained until the next hiring cycle. If you are not selected for employment during a hiring cycle, you must resubmit a new application before being eligible for the next hiring process. It is your responsibility to confirm our receipt of your application by calling Ofc. Michael Hathaway at 270-687-8867, or Jo Hall at 270-687-8861.
Prepare yourself for this recruitment:
- Job Advertisement
- Information, Recruitment Schedule, Further Details
- Written Exam Study Guide
- Written Exam Practice Test
- Video Exam Practice Test
- Police Officer Job Description
- Police Officer Physical Ability Guidelines/Preparation Guide
- Police Officer Interview Preparation Guide
- Job Application and Procedures
To view most of these files, you will need to have Adobe Acrobat Reader
Please direct any questions to Officer Michael Hathaway, Public Information Officer.