Already Have Telecommunicator Experience?…
The Owensboro Police Department now accepts applications on a year round basis for the position of Telecommunicator/Dispatcher-Lateral. Your application will be retained until there is an anticipated vacancy for the position of Telecommunicator/Dispatcher, at which time your application will be forwarded to the Chief of Police for consideration. If you are not selected for employment after your application is considered by the Chief, you must resubmit a new application before being considered for future anticipated vacancies. It is your responsibility to confirm our receipt of your application by calling Ofc. Michael Hathaway at 270-687-8867, or Jo Hall at 270-687-8861.
Lateral Transfer – Telecommunicator/9-1-1 Dispatcher
This is a Full Time position, w0rking First Shift, Second Shift, Thifd Shift, and weekends.
The City of Owensboro will accept applications for a lateral transfer position any time during the year. However, this does not mean that we currently have a vacancy. The City is under no obligation to hire if we have a current vacancy, or to process applicants.
- Applicant must have one year of telecommunicator experience.
- Applicant must be currently employed as a telecommunicator.
- Applicant must be LINK/NCIC certified in Kentucky.
- Applicant must contact KLEC at the link below to determine eligibility to transfer.
If considered, and/or if offered a position, lateral transfers shall satisfactorily complete the following, but not limited to:
- Comprehensive background checks, including references from current and past employers.
- Oral interview.
- Post-offer, pre-employment drug screen, physical exam, psychological evaluation, and any other necessary medical evaluations/screenings must be satisfactorily completed.
Screening requirements: Motor Vehicle, Drug Screen, Criminal Background Check, Physical Exam, References Psychological, Polygraph, etc.
To apply: In your job application, indicate “Lateral Telecommunicator” as the position for which you are applying. To confirm receipt of your application, you may call (270) 687-8861, or (270) 687-8867. Resume alone is insufficient.
Mail a completed Job Application (pdf) for this position to:
Owensboro Police Department
222 E. 9th Street
Owensboro, KY. 42303
Attn: Officer Michael Hathaway
Please write “City of Owensboro Job Application” on the envelope.
If you have any problems, or to obtain an application, call (270) 687-8861, (270) 687-8868, or Toll-free at (888) 616-8540. TDD/Voice (270) 687-4459.