The City of Owensboro Community Development Department uses allocated federal funds for the redevelopment of inner-city neighborhoods for the benefit of low to moderate income families and to enhance economic development opportunities.
- Economic & Community Development
- Housing Programs - rehabilitation and new home construction
How do I become a potential buyer for a city-built home?
1. Contact Keith Free
2. Obtain your own financing from a bank or mortgage company.
3. Meet income guidelines.
4. Provide documents for proof of income and household status.
- Community Development Block Grant - program administration
- HOME funds - program administration
- Owensboro Brownfields Program
Contact the City Community Development Staff:
- Keith L. Free AICP...............Director (270) 687-8658
More information on Housing and Urban Development
View the 2010-2015 Consolidated Plan [PDF] Updated 4/7/2010
View the 2010-2011 Annual Action Plan [PDF] Updated 4/7/2010